Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Ubatuba




Of course for my first blog post, I WOULD dedicate it to food... But anyway, I just want to say welcome to my blog! As a noob, I have no idea what I'm doing, but considering posting pictures and writing about my life seems like a simple task, I'm sure I can manage :) I hope what you find here will be interesting and maybe inspiring!

Today I decided to take my mom to Ubatuba, a hole in the wall cafe area that specializes in healthy food known as acai bowls. Honestly, when I first read "acai" I read it as "ah-kah-ee," but through my ignorance, I was able to learn that it's actually pronounced as "ah-sah-ee." These bowls full of nutrition and super foods pack a flavorful punch that kind of makes them deceivingly unhealthy because they're just that good! I heard about acai bowls through Instagram and Facebook, and striving toward a healthy lifestyle (through its ups and many downs), I HAD to try one.

Ubatuba is located on Ventura Boulevard, and it's literally a hole in the wall with a lavender colored patio sticking out. I ordered a small acai bowl (which already comes with bananas, strawberries, and granola!) and added cacao nibs (the bitter part of chocolate) with some honey. When the bowl came out, of course I had to take a picture and post it on Instagram... I mean, this is such a monumental moment! When I took the first bite... Oh man... It was like a party in my mouth: Bursts of rich flavors poppin' everywhere! The acai mixture was so refreshing, and the granola and cacao nibs added a nice crunch and texture. Of course, the strawberries, bananas, and honey added a sweetness that could satisfy any person's sweet tooth!

I fell in love with acai bowls after visiting Ubatuba, and if anyone is in the area, I really recommend going there for a refreshing and satisfying snack!

So. Dang. Good.

(This sounds so much like a Yelp post... Sorry, didn't want it to seem like that.)

1 comment: