Friday, September 20, 2013

Raw Vegan Energy Bites

Ahh!! I'm so sorry for not updating the blog since September 7.... Whoops.... I'm not sure if anyone reads this blog, but still! I should be a little more responsible for posting updates.

Anyway, today I was in kind of a baking mood, so I decided to try one of Ella's (from her Deliciously Ella blog) recipes: The Ultimate Energy Bites! Oh my... They're so delicious.  Packed with nutrients from dates, a variety of nuts, chia seeds, and cinnamon, these energy packed balls are absolutely yummy and super good for you! No preservatives, so all the ingredients are raw, which means better for your body! :)


So they might look like poo balls... But they're the best and most delicious poo balls I've ever tasted. Seriously... If any of you is craving a sweet tooth or wants something to snack on, you seriously have to make these. Soooooo good!

Recipe (I modified it a little bit because I didn't have some of the ingredients. Either way, I don't think the absence of these ingredients took away from these bites' deliciousness!):

Makes 15-20 balls

  • 1 cup of medjool dates (pitted)
  • 3/4 cup of almonds
  • 3/4 cup of walnuts
  • 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
  • 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
  • 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder (I just used cacao nibs)
  • 1 tablespoon of water
In a food processor, grind the almonds, walnuts, and chia seeds for one minute until the nuts are all ground up and the mixture contains a flour like consistency.

Then add in all the other ingredients and grind for one minute until it obtains a sticky dough.

Using your hands, grab some of the dough and shape them into balls. Put in a bowl and set in the refrigerator!

Voila! No messiness or anything! And super quick too :)

Enjoy!

Original recipe:
http://deliciouslyella.com/the-ultimate-energy-bites-vegan-gluten-free-dairy-free/
(I recommend looking at her blog in general. She posts the most amazing recipes)



No comments:

Post a Comment